Saturday 28 September 2013

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation

Another review! But I couldn't postpone this- I am so in love with it. I was on the hunt for a new foundation, or something of the sort for the new school year, because after I came back after the holidays, none of my foundations, concealers or powders matched my skin anymore! Which is crazy, since my face never tans or anything, but anyway, I was on the lookout for a new foundation. And thanks to Zoe's back to school video, I discovered this amazing product- Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation. 

What attracted me most to this product was that it's a foundation and serum two in one. Ever since my visit to the beautician in Vilnius, I've been told to use a serum, but so far I never had any luck finding a good one (not that I really looked tbh, the price of them scared me). This, however, is a foundation and serum in the same pot, in the one go- which means that you're not ending up spending ages on your face, and you're not layering as much product on your face. A serum is a concentrated fortified gel that fulfills your skin with vitamins and minerals, makes your moisturizer work better, and overall leaves your skin happy. 

First off, the foundation smells amazing. It smells like, flowers, summer, good hair days. Even when I'm having a bad morning, or if I'm running late, applying this and smelling the scent just makes the morning better somehow. And what's worse than a foul-smelling foundation, in all fairness? 

I matched the shade to the colour of my neck- sounds strange I know, but it makes sence- why would you want your face and neck different colours? The shade I picked up was 53 light beige, and it looks like I'm not wearing anything on my face when I have it on. As regards to application, I would advice you to use a brush- I use W7's Flat Foundation Brush- because the formula is a little runny, and sometimes using just your fingers, it can be super hard to distribute it all evenly, so a good brush will do the job. It glides on, blends in perfectly as I buff it in, giving an even and anti-fatigue complexion, that looks like I did actually get my 8 hours of sleep. The coverage is quite good too, I would say around medium, and I don't bother with a concealer.

Once it's all blended in, it gives quite a dewy/oily finish, which I don't really like, so I just apply my Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder in 021 Transparent, to set the foundation and take off the shine. The lasting power is average, it sticks around for the whole day- although I will say it is quite an oily foundation, however I will say that my moisturizer probably has effects on this too.

Overall, I love this foundation, and for the average price of 14.99e for it, I think it's amazing. It's a serum, a foundation and it's hypoallergenic- which means it doesn't block pores and allows your skin to breathe whilst your wearing it, so it really is a healthy mix. I would give it 10/10 !


Thanks so much for reading, and thank you for an amazing 4,000 views!



Gaby x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment