Sunday 26 January 2014

Ardell Demi Wispies Review

To say I've heard a lot about these lashes is an understatement. They're everywhere, everyone has just bought them, or everyone is loving them, the entire time. I've wanted these ever since the queen Zoella wore them, and that's when I started noticing them- the Pixiwoo's raving about them, Michelle Phan trimming them in a tutorial, Kandee Johnson using them, and other bloggers 'hauling' them or simply loving them. I was dyinggg to get these lashes, until I noticed the price tag- 8e for some eyelashes? Thankfully, my lovely sister got them for me for Christmas, and well, I have a few things to say.

The lashes come packed pretty basic and simple, and for Ardell, I really thing a make-over is due, if they really are 'America's Leading Lashes' as I barely spotted them in Boots. However, the simple basic packaging makes them look classy and elegant, but the lashes themselves aren't. 

I wouldn't call these 'day time' lashes- these are definitely party lashes. Thick, bold, with lots volume and length, I wouldn't wear them as casual everyday lashes. They are quite noticable as they are dramatic, and it's quite obvious you're wearing full on lashes. They are long too- perfect for nights out and dramatic make up looks, but I would need a bit more bravery to wear them during the day.

I love how the lashes are longer and curved towards the outer end- it gives a retro, winged look and look so pretty when you're looking down or your eyes are closed. For these to be daytime lashes, I would prefer if they were much shorter, but I wouldn't cut them as they are just the lashes to have for the nighttime. The lash band is clear, except for the parts where the lashes are attached- check the photos below.


Overall, I do like these lashes- they are good to have for nights out, full-on makeup looks, and if I was to wear them during the day, it would be with bare lids and just these lashes. They come with a little tube of adhesive, but I find it dries too quick and is too sore to remove as it sticks pretty firmly, so I just use my 16hr Lash Adhesive. They are pretty easy to apply, but of course practise is essential. Because of their length, they're not as light as they could be and when wearing them, I do notice they are there, which doesn't happen with most 'natural wear lashes'. I would give them a 7/10, mainly because they are too long for daytime wear.


Thank you for reading! Have you tried these lashes? What did you think?

My Twitter- @gabysayshey



Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment