Saturday 18 January 2014

Shaun Ross

I'm not going to lie- I had no idea who Shaun was before the promotional posters for Lana Del Rey's Tropico came out, but ever since they did, I fell right in love with this amazing unique model. Shaun is the first ever male albino model, and his work includes being featured in Beyonce's and Katy Perry's music videos, Lana's short film, and being in on the cover of Africa's Vogue. I love inspirational, beautiful people like him- it just shows that really, society doesn't care what you look like.

InMySkinIWin- Shaun's favourite and most popular hashtag. He's the African-American version of an albino, meaning he has afro-like hair, a wide nose, full lips. He's absolutely gorgeous- I love his pale skin, dark eyes, giving him an unusual, but gorgeous appearance. He battled with haters, calling him names like 'Powder' and 'Casper' but today he inspires and motivated people worldwide to fight bullying, and fight until you win.




Shaun started modelling at the tender age of 15, he got signed in a day- and all because of Youtube. He put up a video of him 'vogue' 'ing and an agent spotted him, told him to come down town and Shaun got signed. As his roots are embedded in the Bronx, New York, he has seen things and done things and heard things- the city gave him so many oppurtunities, and as he took them, it's where he is today.









I think it's so important to be working for your dreams, working towards your goals- because if you have them, it's probably more than likely that you will achieve them, if you work for them. Shaun is an inspiration, and he might be just a model, but he is a model that is getting picked for a reason- that being unique, different, having that spark will always make you stand out, for all the right reasons. I included some of his photographs here and obviously I take no credit for any of them, but you can clearly see he knows what he's doing when he's in front of the camera- he will capture your attention any day.



I hope you enjoyed this post! I haven't written in a while- the mocks are a bitch to study/revise for. I will get back on track after this whole Junior Cert is over, but please bear with me :) Thanks so much for reading!

my twitter- @gabysayshey



Gaby x


No comments:

Post a Comment