Thursday 31 January 2013

S/S '13

The designer, high end and high street shows got me excited as to what's in store for Spring/Summer 2013. As it's spring in Ireland since today, I'll be hitting the shops soon to pick out gorgeous clothes I'll be wearing through the coming months, and in this post, I'll be showing you what I'll be after!

Stripes are staying and monochrome is already big, so I'll be definitely looking for a cheaper version of Motel Rocks' Jordan High Waist Jean, except in a disco pant form, so that I could wear them everywhere, without the discomfort of that jean material sometimes has. As the stripes are vertical, the design actually makes your legs look longer. Bloggers, celebrities and ordinary girls wore the Jordan's, and I know I have to get a pair!

Florals will be, and already are, everywhere. I love the floral trend as I think its so pretty and retro. I'll be looking out for anything flower-y, like crop tops or jeans.



Motorcycle jackets won't be going anywhere, but I've already got mine- a gorgeous soft faux leather green jacket I got in Dunnes early in November that I wore all through winter, but as the weather gets warmer (hopefully!) the bomber will find it's place in my wardrobe.  It's like a crossing between a jacket and a fashion statement, comes in infinite designs and colours, and is perfect for both spring and summer months. Penneys (Primark) have got a pretty bird design coming out, and you'll be finding it in my wardrobe!

The 60's are here to stay- news that made me very happy when I first clicked through some of the S/S shows, as I wore a bouffant all summer! Bold colours and squares, as Louis Vuitton taught me with his recent shows, can be incorporated to create a gorgeous dress. Clip on your collars, layer your prints and wear your tweed skirts with pride- we're back in the 60's.


A lot of celebs have been wearing green dresses lately, and as emerald is my birthstone, I'm on the hunt for a green dress. The one everyone wore in late 2012, and fell in love with, was the Motel Rocks Gabby Dress, which just like the name, is so me. It's green, sequinned,  shimmery, long sleeved, and a revealing back, perfect for so many occasions.  I'll be looking for a similar version in the high street shops.


It's still quite cold outside, and a warm jumper in Ireland is a must have, and you can never have too many. Sassy jumpers and sweats are part of the high street S/S collections, and I'm actually loving this River Island cardigan!





I've been keeping an eye out for (faux) leather skirts as they're so easy to wear and are so glam every time. Look out for skirts with large pleats and elastic waists as they're the easiest to wear- pair them with tees with cheeky sayings, or keep it simple and glamorous with a plain tight top and black courts. I wear skinny jeans quite a lot, and as the warmer weather comes, maybe I should start showing off a leather skirt!


Gaby x


1 comment: