Wednesday 6 February 2013

Review: Elnett Diamond Hold Hairspray + Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

I've been meaning to test this hairspray out for ages, as it's probably one of the most used products a hair stylist owns, not to mention it is the most strong product from the Elnett hairspray range, hence the title 'diamond'. I got the travel size bottle, as I only wanted to try the product out, and paid around 3 euro for it.

The biggest challenge for my hair is to hold curls. No matter how long I hold the hair in the wand, no matter how strong the styling product is, the curls wouldn't stay. So I decided that the only fair way to test this hairspray was to curl my hair and spritz it on to see it's true holding power.

When I first spritzed it on, my hair literally froze in place and didn't budge. The gorgeous smell swirled around me as I admired my curls in the mirror. There was no matt hairspray feel on my hair, it still felt light, but secure, and I didn't have to pin any hair away from my face, which I really liked.

However, the product isn't immune to Ireland's crappy weather. Strong wind and a little rain ruined my hair, but the curls stayed, even though they were loose and had separated. 

I decided to try the hairspray out on a ponytail with hair wound around the elastic, something that never works for me as the hair around the elastic always goes loose. The Elnett worked its charm and the hair stayed, keeping me happy. It holds backcomb well too, proving to be quite a strong product. Brushing it out was a piece of cake, there was no tugging or pulling as usually strong hairsprays really glue your hair together and make it a night mare to brush out, but Elnett made it look like the lightest of hairsprays had been applied.

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this hairspray as it is really light, yet strong. It's something that is worth investing in, even though the price of a regular sized bottle can be quite high, its a miracle hold product that would keep your hair in place, without the need of too much application.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

I picked this up just the other day- my lips had been dry, chapped and sore for a couple of days and I realized I had no more Vaseline left, but I decided to try something new. I chose Palmer's Cocoa Butter formula lip balm, because it was cheap at 2 euro and my sister had used it before and loved it, so I wanted to try for myself.

It's really rich and thick, almost like a lip butter in a stick. It healed my sore lips just after 3 layered applications, and my lips were soft, moisturized and plump again. It feels really cosy on the lips, almost like a lip blanket. I highly recommend you give this a go- I'm glad I did.






Gaby x

1 comment:

  1. will defo try the lip balm, my lips get chapped like everyday ! :P

    ReplyDelete