Saturday 12 January 2013

The Jeffrey Campbell Obsession

As I've mentioned in my earlier blog post, I love shoes as much as I love chocolate, and as I've said, the crazier, the higher, the more expensive they are, the faster I fall in love with them. The most obvious designer that ticks all these boxes is of course Jeffrey Campbell.

Opening a box of new Jeffrey Campbells is like opening a window in early spring. His shoes are a breath of fresh air- they're crazy, studded, skull-ed, unbelievably high and ballerina platforms are 5 inches thick. I first came across his delights when I was in Arnotts in Dublin. I have a habit of snatching and demanding a size 6 of the craziest, most highest pair of heels I see in a shoe shop, and so I grabbed his 'Shadow' off the shelf, called an assistant over and demanded for my size. They were in a fancy box, wrapped in meters and meters of white paper, and looked absolutely fabulous. They were surprisingly comfortable, and my red Samsung camera captured the glorious moment.

Posing with the Shadows on in Arnotts!

Surfing Facebook every day allows me to check out his creations often. I've fallen in love with holy cross wedges that capture the baroque stud trend, gorgeous skull boots with a low heel that are perfect for marching through the city, and of course the spiked Lita, which every high street brand under the sun is making similar copies of. Then there is the unbelievable platforms and flatforms. His ballerina platforms have melted numerous bloggers hearts and his damsels have a crazily high wedge, making your legs miles long and you a million feet tall.
                      
                                             Jeffrey Campbell Ballerina Platform

And as you click through different pairs of madness, insanity and absolute genius on Wasteland or Nasty Gal, you keep coming across a boot that has a thick five inch heel, a two inch platform and comes in so many different designs. The Lita is the most popular and undoubtedly most sought-after shoe that made Jeffrey Campbell so well known. With over 100 different colours and designs, nearly every blogger (except me :'( haha) has befriended and loved the Lita over and over. And if you're a vegetarian, then Lita's first cousin Vita is for you. The best part of this unique shoe brand is that all Jeffrey Campbells aren't designed by a single person- they're designed by the blogger girl, different inspiring ideas put into a shoe. Each pair is more lovable than the next- more sequins, higher platform, more madness that surprisingly attracts you to bring them to the till with a grin, knowing that if you stroll down the street in these, all heads will turn.
    
Jeffrey Campbell Spiked Lita


Even though the height of the heel on some of Jeffrey Campbells might be a little frightening, the shoe itself if actually really comfortable. The inside of the shoe is really padded, so you can strut around your statement shoes without the statement pain.

The Jeffrey Campbell sale in Arnotts, last weekend

The reason why I decided to do a whole blog post about Jeffrey Campbell's footwear is because it's one of the reasons I'm blogging. His footwear highlights the most fun and important thing about blogging: anything is possible, and hes made that idea into a shoe form. And being the crazy shoe lover I am, no wonder his shoes melt my heart!

2nd+3rd photos from Google Images.


Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment