Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Haul

Christmastime means that I end up with goodies- of some sort. Gifted, thrifted, or bought in the sales, I do usually luckily end up with a good few things after the holidays, and like I did last year, I want to share them again with you in 2013! I do want to remind you that I'm not bragging (at least not trying to!) and this is just like any other haul. I hope you like!

Some of the things I did pick up in the sales- what did you think of them this year? I thought they were rubbish- maybe not everywhere, but they were in Athlone. There was absolutely nothing worth attention on the rails, not on the 26th anyway. River Island, however, never fails to disappoint and I did pick up a pretty top this year, as the sales are usually the only time I tend to indulge in something from the store, as I find it crazy expensive. Some shops were a complete let down- H&M and Penneys, for example. H&M had very basic things on offer- plain tops, vests and simplistic dresses. Their new range for S/S 2014 also is very disspointing- the clothes are too basic, there is no embellishments or bright colours, nothing caught my eye at all, not even the jewellery, which has been the same since the early summer. Penneys was also a let down when I visited it a few days later, as I was looking for dresses specifically, and the choice was vast, but really poor. Having said that, this didn't apply to all clothes- jumpers, jeans and things were also on offer and were worth a look or two.

Here's the things that I ended up with, after all the giving and the buying!

Glitter Leggings+Socks+Bed Linen

Like I said, I wasn't too impressed with Penney's selection of dresses this time, but I did pick up a few things nevertheless. I had my eye on these glitter leggings for a while, but I never really dared to even try them on, but seeing them on sale, I tried them on and they fitted amazing, just like a softer, glitter version of American Apparel's Disco Pants. They're high-waisted, gorgeously glitterly and sparkly, and for 5e, I am sooo in love. Me and my mum also picked up this vintage inspired bed cover for my bedroom, and I was also lucky enough to receive these adorable slipper-socks on Christmas Day.

Thrifted Lace top
I don't think I can go two weeks without ending up in a charity shop, and I say that with no shame. Charity and hospice shops are proper amazing, the money made goes to great causes, and quite often I end up picking up gorgeous clothes! This soft blue lace top is no exception, but what I really love about it is the Peter Pan collar. I wore this under my jumpers all last week, and the collar sits on top of the neckline of the jumper, giving it a cute twist.

Pink Heart Onesie

My gorgeous best friend Ava went out and got me my first onesie, so thanks loveen! It's 'proper lush' as they say, and it actually is haha:) It's the comfiest thing ever, soo soft and fluffy and I feel like a really oversized baby when I wear it, but hey, we all have our moments. 

Terry's Chocolate Orange
I was spoilt for terrys this year, so thank you to everyone who got me some! Unfortunately there's only wrappers left, so I really should've taken the picture before I started eating, but oh well.

Rose Bath Set
We do Secret Santa every year in school, and the Sammy the babe herself had me! She got me a little rose bath set- a body cream, a scrub and bath salts. I love little bath sets like these, they're so simple to buy, their scent is gorgeous, they're inexpensive and I love receiving them every year so thanks babe:) 

Ardell's Demi Wispies+Paul Arden's book

My lovely sister really gives me the best presents, and this year she gave me the famous Ardell's Demi Wispies false eyelashes, as I had watched soo many youtubers loving these lashes (Michelle Phan, Zoella, etc) and was dying to try them out for myself. I wore them Christmas day and even though I did get compliments I think I will reserve them for nights out as they are a teensy bit too dramatic for daytime wear, in my opinion. I will review them soon, so stay tuned! She also gave me a little inspiration book, and I was thrilled as I barely have any!

Converse All Star 
These classic Converse were my main present from Santy, and I am soo in love. They're perfectly gorgeous, the bright red colour is so striking and I've wanted them for ages. I usually like twists on classics, but I'm so in love with these, they go with everything- dresses, skinnies, shorts...the list goes on and on. I've been wearing them non-stop, and hopefully I can sneak them into school when I don't feel like wearing boring black shoes.


River Island Top
Last year, during the St Stephen's day sales, I went into River Island and got myself a pretty girly top, and this year I did the exact same. I probably would've gotten more clothes if all size 8's weren't sold out :C This is pure gorgeous- it's an amazing soft pink top, with loud frills attached to the neckline, and it's one of those clothes that I say 'dances when its on me' (don't ask). The back isn't left plain, thick tailoring accompanies the gold buttons, and the top itself is of really high quality, as it's made from thick material, not something you see in the cheaper items in River Island! It wasn't that cheap for an item on sale, costing 17e, but it's sooo pretty I couldn't resist.

Christmas Jumper
Last, but not least, I got my first ever Christmas jumper this year! This was a gift from my mum to me, and it's double knit, so it's soft and keeps me warm. I wore this on Christmas Day, I love the reindeer design- it's so fun and festive. I also wore my blue lace Peter Pan Collared top underneath, and the collar sat beautifully on top of the neckline, the red colours matching my new Converse haha:)

Twiggy's Book+2014 diary
We popped into one of those cheap discount stores on the 26th, and for just 5e in total, I got a 'Keep Calm' 2014 diary and Twiggy's book! I love those euro shops, they're absolutely amazing.

Thanks for reading!

My Twitter- @gabysayshey




Gaby x

4 comments: