Sunday 13 October 2013

Halo Hair Extensions: 7 Months Update

If you're a frequent reader of this blog, you'll know that I invested in 20" Light Brown Halo Hair Extensions, seven months ago (March). I a wrote a review on these extensions when I first go them but I think it's important to do an updated review post about them, to give potential buyers my honest feedback.

First of all, I do want to say that I have fallen in and out of love with these extensions. I did have to dye them twice to get the colour I originally thought they were (in the picture they look like my exact hair colour- they arrived ginger!), first a blond and then a dark brown and the colour was gorgeous, however every single time I washed the extensions the colour washed out, and I'm sure that eventually they will go back to their original colour.

The set consists of 8 pieces- 2 wide, with 3 clips, 2 medium, with 2 clips and 4 strands with single clips for the front. This is what my extensions look like now- and yes I did loose one of the single clip strands..

As you can see in the photo, the extensions are dark and thick at the base but as you move down, they get lighter and thinner, inevitably drier. They were like this when I first got them, and it's just the way they are. I use oil on the ends every single day, but over time, they become really light, super dry, with split ends and a rough feel. I have trimmed those split ends, and like I said I use oil on them, but they remain the same.



The ends of the hair are probably the biggest dissapointment- other than that, they are fine. As I've had to trim them once or twice, their length is nearly the same as my own hair. I will try dyeing the ends a darker shade to give the illusion of thickness, but really it's time to cross my fingers in the hope that Santy brings me a new set of extensions. As you can see in the photo above, my Halo Hair Extensions look great with a set of synthetic curly extensions- these ones are from Penneys, shhh.

Overall, my feedback is 50/50. The ends are definitely dissapointing, and I won't be buying Halo Hair Extensions again. I think it's better to go for a set of Irresistible Me or Bellami hair extensions, and pay the 80e I know will pay off.


Thanks so much for reading!


Gaby x

2 comments: