Tuesday 20 August 2013

Vilnius '13

As you may or may not know, Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania, and is also my lovely hometown. I go back for a visit every year, every summer, for a couple of weeks and this year was no exception. I had an amazing time to say the least- every year I come back Vilnius seems more and more beautiful as it ages. My favourite part of it is the city center-  the old part of the city- not only because it's scattered with cobbled pave stones and white buildings, but because beside all these monuments you have skater boys and street dancers practicing their new moves or tricks- and if you're lucky, you might get a good glimpse or two of some veryyy gorgeous six packs haha!

Anyway, I took it to my own hands to photograph every aspect of this pretty city. I took some really good photos- and of course I'm going to share them with you! You might want to get a cup of tea or the biggest jar of Ben and Jerry's you have closest to you- this is going to be a looong post, but after all- this is my hometown.

I also apologize for the lack of recent posts- I did say I was going to be posting regularly  but I did get lazy and I took a break. Nevertheless, I am 'back' now, and I have lots of post ideas in mind so stay tuned!



This is where you get all of your skater boys and street dancers- around a statue

Perched on a wall in the middle of Old Town and drinking a Vero- best way to spend the day

Sitting on 'our' wall and this is the view- yes, life was good


Every sunny evening, this happens above the city's pretty skies




One of the days, I climed up to the top!





After climbing up a stupid hill thing in 37 degree heat, this was our view- a bridge seperating a city from its roots





Oh yes, I rode a horse

I love fairs that sell the most detailed and fragile souvenirs 



All of us! :)


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and thanks for reading!



Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment