Thursday 1 August 2013

My New 'Foundation'


I've been trying to steer well clear of foundation this summer- not only because it breaks me out, but because I want to let my skin breathe and let the sun get to it (which helps battle spots, so make sure to include lots of no-makeup days in the summer!). I'm not brave enough to go completely bare-faced, as I do have lots of blemishes and things, so I swapped foundation for concealer and powder, a winning combo when it comes to letting your skin rest, free of caked-on makeup.

I've been loving the classic favourites- The Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer, and Boots' Natural Collection Pressed Powder. Both affordable and both work wonders- and their shades are close enough to my skin too! I use the concealer in shade Light 2, which is a little red for me, but when I apply the powder in shade Warm it balances out the colour, and sets the concealer, making it last longer.

I bring this powder round everywhere- it's amazing for touch ups and to tame oily skin. I never really bothered with powder before, just went for oil control paper, but using a powder makes all the difference. I usually carry round a sponge to apply it, but it packs the powder on my skin, so its also good to use a brush if you plan on touching up your powder lots and don't want cakey-looking skin.

Overall, I strongly recommend using these two- however do spent time choosing your correct shades before buying- if one shade is a little on the red side, make sure the other one is a little pale, so you have no discolouration.

Thanks for reading! :)



Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment