Tuesday 26 March 2013

Want- Cat Eye Glasses

I've had bad eyesight since I was 8, which had progressively gotten worse over the years. However, over the last Summer, I invested in contact lenses which has stopped my eyes weakening, the original goal of me purchasing the lenses. Even though I would be nowhere without my lenses, as they 'highlight' my eyes and allow me to sport gorgeous eye makeup (the cat eye is NOT a good look underneath glasses!), there is days when I couldn't be bothered putting contacts or when I want to wear glasses for the day. I always bought my glasses in a little shop in Vilnius, Lithuania, and I've been told the designs suit me, but the more I shop and look at fashion, I begin to crave glasses that are more me.

I love the cat-winged eye look, I do a little flick at the end of my eyeliner every day, so it's no surprise I've fallen in love with River Island's winged sunglasses and glasses. I love how they've kept the vintage red checked design on the glasses, but gave them a modern twist with balancing out the curve to slightly oval levels. They might seem like 'granny' sunglasses, however I find these incredibly modern and still vintage, and they are a pair that I think is worth investing in, and putting in your own glass to suit your eyesight, or even if you don't need glasses (lucky!) you could wear them as a statement.

I love how River Island did a pair of sunglasses to accompany the glasses- something that either rarely or never happens with most high street brands!- but kept them individual and unique. The sunglasses have a more practical look about them- they're black with a thick outline, giving a professional 'I-know-what-I'm-doing' look to them. They are quite large however, so I'm just worried if they don't make me look like I've got 'bug' eyes.

I'm in love with these two pairs and hopefully will be able to try them on in a River Island shop soon- it's time for me to choose a pair of gorgeous frames!



River Island, 13e
River Island, 17e

I've been doing some spring cleaning through my wardrobe  and opened up space for new Spring goodies! :)

These are all the clothes I had to put away in bags for either the charity shop or next year- I hate clothes that I don't wear cluttering up my wardrobe.


All ready for Spring!


Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment