Sunday 21 July 2013

Mid-Summer Favourites

Hi everyone! So you probably have noticed my absence on the ole' blog- I've been away for the last week, and I'm going away again next week for 3 weeks, but I'm writing up some blog posts now, and I'll be writing throughout my holidays to keep you entertained, 2 blog posts a week. 

If you haven't heard yet, Ireland's having a heatwave, so this year, our summer is actually a proper summer, with proper heat and burnt skin. So far, I've had a good few essentials and newly discovered things that have been getting me through the heat and sunshine. So, without more rambling, here are my mid-summer faves!

Beauty


Hair Doughnut

I didn't purchase a hair doghnut until early June- I never thought my hair was long enough. However, I picked up the largest one in Penneys (Primark), pulled my hair back into a pony, backcombed it roughly, slipped on the doghnut, pinned my hair, and viola! I have never recieved so many compliments for such and easy, versatile and effortless hair do-if you haven't invested in a doughnut yet, you are missing out big time.

Nivea Hydrant

'Hydrant' is such a fancy word- all this really is is a lotion, more concentrated on SPF. This one is SPF 30, and SPF is sooo important to wear everyday in the summer. You will still tan, and your skin will look amazing. Follow with an after sun at the end of the day to lock in your new tan and hydrate your skin. I even took this picture in the beach! That's just how unbelievably imaginative I am (not).

Catrice Eyeshadow Base

I never really used Catrice until I went a little crazy on a chemists' (drugstore) spree and picked this up. I had been meaning to invest in Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer, because it was the one everyone used and raved about all the time. However, I find this one does the job amazingly- I can still do my usual eyeshadow on a roasting hot day, and it won't smudge, run, or crease. With a doe foot applicator, all you need to after a little dab on each eye is blend it in.


Fashion:

Gold Chain


Now, I had been after a gold chain for aaages, so when I saw one is Penneys for 5e, I snatched it and have never looked back. I wear it with everything- dresses, tops, sweaters, anything. My favourite combination had been this chain, my Nirvana top (below), monochrome short shorts, a fishtail, and my floral Vans. A gold chain is a must for this summer, undoubtedly.

Nirvana Top

I'm not one of those die-hard Nirvana fans, however I can't help but pretend I'm Kurt Cobain when I'm listening to 'Come As  You Are'. I was originally after a tie dye Nirvana Nevermind t-shirt on ebay, but having seen this one is my beloved Penneys, I bought it, and I'm loving it.

Polka Dot Playsuit
And no, this isn't from Penneys. I actually bought it from DV8 from a brand called Gorgeous in February 2012, and having worn it on occasion, I've been wearing it- and raking in compliments- repeatedly through this summer. It's silk, it's short, it's a little ruffled, it's an amazing colour, and it's plain gorgeous.


Random


Carrick-On-Shannon

Foroige is a service in Ireland that works with teens and young adults, provides them with support, help and generally organizes super fun activities regularly. I was invited to join 9 other girls that I had never heard of before to live in a house in Carrick 5 days, spending those days cooking our own meals, and doing super fun activities, like cycling in Forest Park, doing different workshops, driving boats (and nearly crashing!) and exploring Carrick town. During those 5 days I made a whole new set of friends, got a break from my usual life, went through new amazing experiences, discovered what it would be like to live with different room mates, and generally had an unreal time- the residental week was a success, and all thanks to Foroige!


Photography

So now that it's summer, I've had more free time to spent time at my new hobby-photography. I've been creating a new folder on my laptop, filling it with new pictures and sometimes videos that I think are- I don't know, artistic ? Here is a sneek peek.






I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and I hope you're having a brilliant summer!





Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment