Sunday 11 November 2012

Heels Heels Heels :)

If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I love high heels.

It all began when I was 12. I always adored shoes and had recently discovered extremely high heels, and could not get them out of my mind. I remember the first time I saw them. I can't remember that well, but I think it was in a magazine. Soft, baby pink faux leather. 14 cm heel, and 3 cm platform, with a small strap and a pink bow attached to it. They were pretty, and I wanted them oh-so-badly. I had absolutely no where to wear them, and absolutely no chance in hell of being able to walk in them, but it didn't matter. I could sit on the couch, have them on my feet and stick my legs in front of me and look at them all day long, and show them off to my friends when they came round. They were only available online, and in Dublin, and had a 60 euro price tag, so I knew the chances of me bringing them home with a huge grin on my face and stuffing my feet in them were less than slim.

Then, as I started taking heed of all these lovely shoes that were around me when I walked into a shop, my knowledge and love for heels spread like a house on fire. The higher the better, no matter how much my mother disproved. The higher the platform, the more bright the colour, the more 'V' shaped the heel. The higher the price tag too, and designer shoes made me melt. Of course, I didn't buy every single pair I loved, I just observed and told myself I had no where to wear them, which was the ugly truth.

I think my love of shoes also kick started my appreciation for fashion. Well, it was quite simple really- you can't wear glitzy gold courts with sweatpants. So I started looking at clothes, and choosing them carefully so that they can match my shoes, and reading Vogue, repeating the fancy names of french designers over and over, and wishing badly I owned at least a piece out of their latest collection, not because it was pretty or even might have suited me, but because it was designer and I badly needed it if I was completely devoted to fashion.

Anyway, here are the pair of shoes I discovered whilst surfing the internet a couple of days ago. I think they're Christian Louboudin, and there is a blue version which is gorgeous too, but the black ones are equally as stunning.


                                   

Gaby x
          

No comments:

Post a Comment