Saturday 27 December 2014

Life Lately: September, October, November

Hello to all of my sweeties- I'm sorry it's been so long, I had exams and other things to worry about, and unfortunately sweetlikecinnamon got pushed to the back seat. Never fear, as I am back with a few blog posts to keep you going over the holidays- I've missed blogging so much and even writing this feels very grounding.

Before I launch you head-first into all my Farewell to 2014 and Christmas posts, I'm doing a Life Lately- my favourite kind of posts to write. It really gives me an outlook as to what I've done over the past few months and gives you an idea of what kind of a person I am. Also, I loathe Monthly Favourites so this is my version. Hope you like!

Beauty

Eyeliner w/ Real Techniques Fine Liner brush and Catrice Liquid Ink


This is my new favourite way of doing winged liner- starting off with gel using a fine brush, and then going over the top with liquid liner. The gel ensures staying power, and the liquid sets it and adds colour and shine. I use the Essence Gel Eyeliner, a Real Techniques Fine Liner brush and Catrice Liquid Ink.

Catrice Berry Bradshaw Lipstick

I love this lipstick. I was on the search for a winter berry shade last year, but copped on to the whole trend too late and spring dawned (d'oh). I picked this up in early October, and I adore it. I wore it to Ed Sheeran, and I feel a bold lip works best with flawless, matt skin, flushed cheeks, defined brows and black long winged liner, and that's how I wear it. The lipstick itself is a deep oxblood wine colour, with red undertones. It's gorgeous and creamy, with a shine, but it's not too longlasting. It's definitely been my winter go-to shade, I feel everyone should own a deep toned lippy.

Mascara: Maybelline's The Falsies and NYC Big Curl

A year or so ago, I told you sweeties about my mascara trick and now I have a new one, still more or less the same. I now use the NYC Big Curl, but instead of its usual wand, I use the Maybelline Falsies wand. It's a really good wand, seperates, coats and volumises your lashes evenly, and I love the formula, it gives a lot of length to my lashes. I apply two coats usually, and I've been getting a lot of compliments on my lashes recently.

Fashion

River Island Vintage Slim Mom Jeans


Oh, mom jeans. High and low I searched for a pair, all spring, all summer. I finally came across my ideal pair in River Island- I was torn between Topshop and RI, as Topshop had a more modern ripped pair, but I wanted the RI version, a high waisted, faded denim pair. I am so in love with these, they are my first pair of proper high waisted jeans, in good quality thick denim. They even have all cute little vintage details to them, like the 'v' cutout at the back, and a brown patch on the belt line at the back, a very cool Levis feel. I now am obsessed with tucking things into them.

Topshop Leather Booties
Me and mother are great for picking up bargains on sale, or for snapping good brands up cheaper. These are a perfect example- we were out shopping, and saw these on sale for 20e- real leather and all. They are perfect for ever changing Irish weather- we haven't had a proper cold winter for years, and especially this year, it is probably the warmest winter yet- 10 degrees :O- so I've been wearing these lovelies the whole time. They have a solid heel that makes that heel-clicking noise when you walk, and because they're leather, no rain can get in. Topshop always ticks the box for me, it is such a winner, every season- however their price tags make me cry tbh.

Gold Accessories


I feel like gold is the colour this season- on your eyelids, your nails, and it always has been the colour when it came to jewellery. I have a good few fake and real gold pieces now- but my faves have been these cube earrings, this triangle double necklace and these Dorothy Perkins midi rings. They suit every outfit and look so ladylike, I wear this set everywhere with every outfit.

Random

Trainspotting






I had been meaning to watch Trainspotting for a while- I kept seeing Trainspotting Tumblr posts (I don't even have a Tumblr) on blogs and things and seeing as Violet E loves it so much, I decided to finally watch it. It is sooo good, like all the bad things you've ever wanted to do in a film. It is a work of art, the scenes are strung together, each shot so well crafted, well directed, with a purpose, a meaning, in every shot. The plotline follows Renton and his on-again off-again heroin addiction, his freakish love life with a 16 year old, his persistent parents, his wild friends and maps out his philosophical conscience. As Renton narrates his life, Edinburgh is described as 'the lowest of the low' as he tries to clean up his act. It is a piece of extremely well made British cinema, and is even more remarkable as it was made with just under 1million pounds. I watched it during my Halloween mid term break, and I have now seen it probably around 10 times- and each time I learn something new.
Ed Sheeran Live


Squint and you'll spot Ed in the middle of us on the stage! A few months ago, one of my faves Sarah invited me to go see Ed Sheeran in the 3Arena with her in October, and obviously I said yes. I had never been to a concert before, and I did think that seeing Eddy would be a fairly quiet affair, but I couldn't be more wrong. He has an amazing stage presence, and he made is so upbeat and fun- I was dancing, and badly singing and clapping the night away. He's such a sweetheart, after singing his first song (I'm A Mess, btw) he goes 'Hey everyone, I'm Ed' and I actually died.

Twinnings Camomile Spiced Apple Tea

Sorry for the most generic photograph of a tea box ever, I had to get this one off Google Images because mother threw the box out. Sigh. Anyway, I've been curling up each evening in front of I'm A Celeb with a cup of tea- this Twinnings one is soooo good. I bought a box after watching Emma Blackery's Boxes of Foxes video on herbal teas, and she is so right- this tastes unreal. I never really liked camomile tea, but I got really used to it after trying this. It calms and relaxes you, and is really good for your system. I haven't really noticed any changes health-wise, but it's a really nice tea to sip at when you're chilling.

Thank you so much for reading! I have a few more blog posts lined up so stay tuned for those later!


Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment