Friday 18 July 2014

Mane n' Tail Original Shampoo+Conditioner Review


Having fine, not very thick hair and trying to grow it long, healthy and as thick as possible, can be a challenge. I have gone through many shampoos and conditioners ever since I started this quest- everything from L'Oreal to Lush, and to be quite honest, nothing has really worked. The products that were supposed to thicken out my hair (cough, L'Oreal Elvive's Fibreology) only weighed it down and made it oily after a day, and the products that were supposed to repair and moisturise my hair only damaged it further (Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle, I'm looking at you). I thought my hair was just, ahem, not great, and that it wasn't the products fault, I just had 'bad hair'. My hair however, isn't 'bad'- it's well past my shoulders, fine, silky and prone to oiliness- I just needed a shampoo and conditioner that would treat it well.

My hair dresser recommended I tried the Mane n' Tail products out, as she swore it made her hair grow, and thicken out. I was always a little sceptical of the quiet hype surrounding these products, but I decided to give them a go. I purchased the two bottles above, the original shampoo and conditioner. They're not the cheapest products in the world, with each bottle ranging from 7-10euros, but they're not the most expensive either.  I had high hopes for these products, and thankfully, they didn't dissapoint.

Firstly, they smell amazing. This isn't the one thing I look for in haircare products, but it really helps if they smell nice, as then your hair smells nice too. During the first few washes, my hair didn't lather, and I didn't notice anything remarkable, but once I had used the shampoo and the conditioner together a good few times (3 or more), I noticed a definite change in my hair. My hair feels and looks so much more thicker, voluminous and it has much more body to it now than it did before. Normally, I wouldn't wear my hair down, as it went all stringy and oily- however now, I wear it down all the time, and no matter how many times I fiddle with it, it stays soft, fluffy, and looks great.

As regards to the whole promise of Mane n' Tail products making your hair grow long and thick fast, I completely agree. My hair has been growing much more quickly, and it grew about 3-4cm since I first started using these (late April). I will say that Mane n' Tail products are best suited for people with oily hair- before, my hair wouldn't make it to the third day as it was so oily, as now, I can definitely go to the third day and even the fourth. There is products for dry and damaged hair in this range too, however if your hair is super dry, Mane n' Tail products wouldn't be for you.

The only fault I have with these products is that they make my hair fall out- sounds very scary, but as my hair grows longer, it does tend to fall out (when my hair was waist length, I had a lot of hair loss). This could be either due to the shampoo and the conditioner or it may be just how my hair works- however after I used up the above shampoo,  I went out and got the Gentle Replenishing version, and the hair loss decreased.

If you want to give Mane n' Tail a go, I would definitely recommend you do. You may want to get the travel sized products first, just to see if they suit your hair, as paying 9e for products that end up not working is a waste. I'm going to stick to Mane n' Tail for a while, as they're the only products that have made my hair look good as I've been growing it. 

Overall, I'm giving the Mane n' Tail original shampoo and conditioner an 8.5/10. The hair loss was a little worrying, but as I said, I changed the shampoo to a gentler version and this stopped. If you're growing your hair, or long for thicker hair, or even if your hair is prone to oiliness- I recommend Mane n' Tail, as you won't be dissapointed!

Thank you for reading! :)


****Update 30/10/14****

I no longer use this shampoo as even after trying different editions, it made my hair loss increase, up to the point where I was losing an unnatural amount of hair. I don't reccomend this shampoo unless you have very thick hair that you want to gradually thin down.

My Twitter- @gabysayshey



Gaby x

No comments:

Post a Comment